Information for Unpaid Carers in Nottinghamshire

You are a carer if you provide unpaid support to a family member, neighbour or friend. They could need support because they are ill, frail, disabled or have a mental health or substance misuse problem.

This practice is working closely with Carers Federation to identify, inform and support our carers.


Your practice carer champion is: Mrs Paula Watts, Practice Manager

Your Carers Champion will be able to point carers to relevant information as to where they can get help whether that is information leaflets, someone to talk to, or access to services.      

It is important that carers voices are heard. If you are a carer and are interested in becoming a carer representative within the practice patient participation group, please speak to :                                                                                                                                                                                                    

You are still an unpaid carer if you: 

  • don't live with the person you care for
  • are not the only person providing care to someone 
  • are not related to the person you care for .
  • are in receipt of carers allowance

It is important to Let your practice know that you are a carer   

There are lots of benefits to registering with your GP as a carer


Useful Contacts

Nottinghamshire Carers Hub 0115 824 8824

Are you, or is someone you know, providing much-needed care for a loved one? If so, get free access to a range of support and services – right when you need it most.  Carers Trust East Midlands provide timely, personalised information and support via the Nottinghamshire Carers Hub to make caring for a loved one easier. Click on the link for more information…                                                                                          

Nottinghamshire County Council

Tel: 0300 500 800                                                                                                              

If you informally care for someone who lives in Nottinghamshire County Council you have the right to ask for a carer’s assessment, this will look at the impact caring has on you and the support you may need. The assessment is about you, not the person you care for. For more information visit

Young Carers

You are a young carer if you:

  • are aged between 5 and 25
  • Provide care, assistance and support to someone else in your family.

To get support, you will need to complete a young carers assessment. There are a range of support options which you can be offered. 

For Carers Living In Nottingham City


Adult Carers

Carers Federation, Carers First Service- 0115 9629369

Young Carers

Carers Federation, Action For Young Carers 0115 9629 351

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website